Discuss Central heating sytem water check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an on site kit for checking sytem water on central heating as I want a quick easy test to check inhibitor levels. I powerflush so will not know what (or if!) there is any inhibitor in the system.

Any help appreciated!

I know some (like sentinel), do on site stuff but it will only test for their own chemicals, unless things have changed in the last few years. Fernox do test kits you send away but they are for proper water analysis.

The old nail in the jar routine was best for that but it was only any use in days gone by when people had time and patience.

I have a TDS meter, any idea what readings I need to be looking at to guage inhibitor value? Thanks

I have a TDS meter, any idea what readings I need to be looking at to guage inhibitor value? Thanks

The Fernox TDS meter, for example, is described here:

TDS Meter (Total dissolved solids meter) | Fernox

Costs about £100 and comes with instructions. It's not really for measuring inhibitor concentration, however, it's designed for confirming that the system is clean after flushing.

For comparison, £100 is roughly what a lab analysis of one or two samples containing unknown amounts of inhibitor of unknown brands will cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating sytem water check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back