Search the forum,

Discuss central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Crompton

hi, i have been told to set my hall stat on full also the stat on the boiler the same on full, and just control the heating with the TRV,S is this correct? any help please? thankyou.

No,otherwise whats the point of having the room stat? set the hall stat to around 21 degrees (the rad in the hall shouldnt have a trv on it, if it does set this to max) then adjust the rooms to you required taste, ie you will probably want them on full in the bathroom as thats where you wear no clothes, maybe setting 3 in the bedrooms as you want it a bit cooler in those rooms as your under a duvet etc etc.
If set up correctly this will take full advantage of all the temp controls which will maximise comfort and save you money.

What boiler is it btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't sound the best advice, if you have a condencing boiler try to keep boiler stat as low as possible so it keeps condencing for longer ie. more efficient.

Room stat on wall should be 20c to 21c and the radiator in this room should have no trv or if it has set to max, other trv's try to keep set at 3 in living rooms and 2 in bed rooms unless kids use as a living room turn to three.

The lower you have any stat the more efficient it will be.

Eco

Sorry Blackcats just said the same as you!!!

hi thanks for all the info, this what we get from housing trust cowboys,lol, byetheway the boiler is a vailant echotec pro 28 all seems to be working ok up to now. so i will give that what you said a go. thankyou.

hi thanks for all the info, this what we get from housing trust cowboys,lol, byetheway the boiler is a vailant echotec pro 28 all seems to be working ok up to now. so i will give that what you said a go. thankyou.

21 degrees? You lucky things. We can only afford 15 degrees!! Extra tee shirt and woolly jumpers for a few more weeks yet ...

LOL - other way round!! It's surprising how you adapt when you get used to it. No illnesses either! (But we do have one really warm room with a log burner that's usually started at soon after lunch time.)

i once worked for a guy with a shared house and he had the timer and stat in a ventilated steel box think they got one our heating in the morning and three hours at night and the stat was set at 15
oh and heating was only from october to march
he made rigsby look generous

setting boiler stat too low will mean hot water wont get hot enough and could turn your hot water tank into a legionella breeding ground it will also mean it wont ever get hot enough to switch the tank stat off so boiler will keep cycling. a boiler that does its job then turns its self off is always the cheapest option

Setting the boiler stat for the heating low on this boiler (Ecotec Pro) will not affect hot water temp as its a combi

Eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock