Search the forum,

Discuss Centrica having a laugh! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've had a spate of low pressure issues recently.
MWP @ about 17.5mb
Centrica engineers are a special breed but I couldn't take being told again that I was wrong so I asked the last one to prove the pressure was OK. The guy quite confidently passed me his basic u-gauge to confirm my digital one is faulty but when I saw it was full of yellow fluid I refused his kind gesture and nipped to the van for my 'reign 45-pro'
My gauge read the same as my digital one at 17.5mb where his read 19.5mb
Now I'd like to think I'm wrong but it seems they've been handing out some light-weight fluid and all of a sudden my spate of issues made sense!
He didn't argue with my gauge (as the fluid for it alone costs more than his whole gauge)

Please tell me this is an isolated incident!

I just wonder if its the engineers error or if his liquid contains alcohol or something with a lower sg (a 50/50 mix should do the job)

It wouldn't surprise me to find that now they've agreed a harmoginised standard (18.5mb).
Engineers are trying to get away with stretching it a bit...

And make it easier to see, yea.
What about the 2mb difference in readings?
If you watched him make his readings and his technique was okay (checked zero, gauge vertical, etc.) then, I think you're right, the most likely issue his fluid has been contaminated.

Reply to Centrica having a laugh! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock