Search the forum,

Discuss Chancer, nutjob or genuine bloke? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Email at 6.30am (nothing rude about that imo) from man saying he has a leaky WC and was wondering if we could trade "re: updating my website"

Sent from non-descript email address not pointing to any business, no business name or links or anything included in email. But nothing necessarily odd about that.

Immediately followed by text at 6.35am (rude imo) telling me he'd sent me an "text" (with no other info in text leaving me wondering what the hell he was on about.) I replied to text before seeing email saying "A text to where and about what? Not sure who this is?"

He then replied from a second mobile number (?) saying "Sorry, I meant an email."

Thing is my website is shocking. Was rustled up in 2 mins by a mate as a basic template coming up for 9 years ago and never touched since so he may well have found it while looking for a local plumber and thought dear god that could do with a spruce up.

I'll probably say I can start by looking at the problem he has (presuming it's local) and asking for links to his sites/work done. That should clear things up a bit. But taking all bets...

I suppose the odds are it's genuine. But pretty oddly gone about.

Agree that it's 'oddly gone about'.

As you say it's also bl00dy rude to text at that time of day. I always delay mine within software to go at a reasonable time even if I've 'sent' it at 03:27 !

Suppose it doesn't harm to ask, but, to be honest, if you've enough work and no one has yet complained about the site then the fact is you don't really need one. Why reduce your income to 'pay' for somethng that adds little or no value to you?

If you are there half an hour, will he spend half an hour on your website?

Just get paid and then pay for your website to be updated if you want to.

Agree that it's 'oddly gone about'.

As you say it's also bl00dy rude to text at that time of day. I always delay mine within software to go at a reasonable time even if I've 'sent' it at 03:27 !

Suppose it doesn't harm to ask, but, to be honest, if you've enough work and no one has yet complained about the site then the fact is you don't really need one. Why reduce your income to 'pay' for somethng that adds little or no value to you?

Can you ever have enough work :) ..? If more comes your way you ca just put up your prices or sub it out or expand or whatever.
To be honest though I spend most of my time with about 70-80% of the amount of work I'd like averaged out and have often thought getting my site done up and some SEO work might help.

But yeah, one toilet fix worth prob won't go very far.

Can you ever have enough work :) ..?

But yeah, one toilet fix worth prob won't go very far.

Def. Better to choose who you work for I suppose. Advertising though def has its pitfalls. Too many chancers/tyre kickers/morons. In all the years I had a site, a beautiful one via Houzz, only got three enquiries. One was an existing cust who lost my number, another I spent weeks on for them to get MY FING DESIGN for £50 less... and the last was a Nigerian prince, bless him, who wanted to pay me millions but was robbed so I gave him details of my bank accounts to tide him over... I'm good like that :D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reply to Chancer, nutjob or genuine bloke? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
J
6.5.24 TO-PLUMBERS FORUMS. From UK. Not Spell Chked QUESTION-What should we do we do next?? The people who suggest drip trays under loft hot...
Replies
Views
JOHN RAYNHAM
J
Hi Folks, Just saying hello. I do tackle the odd plumbing job when I can't get hold of a professional plumber, which I'm sad to say is quite...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock