Discuss Change over regulator very noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasfun

Hi guys, I have only recently done the lpg change over course. Installed an intergas 28/24 and a gas hop. The gas gas is not connected yet.
I fired the boiler up this afternoon. Runs well, But the regulator is making alot of hissing noises( not a gas leak- done tightness test).

It is a 700k change over device from BES. I now I need 2x 47kg bottles. can I blok off one side of regulator and use a split pig tail on one side to test it , or is the hissing and whistling normal?

sounds like your change over valve is leaking out of the unused connector if i get you correctly, hissing and whistling arent normally heard.

I have connected both bottles to the connectors. It is only when I fire up the boiler that the noise starts. I suppose my question is:

My max kw for both appliances are 42kw . So I need 2x 47kg bottles on each side. Currently I have only a bottle on each side. Would this cause the noise?

Had this recently on a BES 700h whistling as you say, tried a direct replacement exactly the same finally ended up with a rf6030 and all was well.

Thanks Roger. Will try to get a refund off BES. Did you buy the replacement regulator from BES?

last faulty lpg valve i had fm bes was swapped by the manufacturers for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Change over regulator very noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock