Search the forum,

Discuss Changing business name rebranding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

Thinking of changing my business name

have been running my business on a self employed business for a few years ontop of full time employment due to building it up

have been trading under 'mma plumbing and heating' but its not great on a business cards

would like to maybe change to something else 'bespoke heatng solutions' is a possibility

any views??

I'd be worried I'd lose existing customers, and some may question why you've changed name. Gone bust and re started etc etc.

I've sort of done the same, but haven't got all stationary etc yet but this my new name and logo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 81
I know thats my worry to losing customers, and the rumours of going bust.
But i feel its a good move.

Im not going out on my own technically never did, i work for another company but all my other work is on self employed basis pay tax and insurances etc, but just like having a steady wage.
Dont do work for builds always direct to the customer better paying

so i wont lose that my customers as im on first name terms with all and are all repeat business and recommended by etc.

Im not going out on my own technically never did, i work for another company but all my other work is on self employed basis pay tax and insurances etc, but just like having a steady wage.

so i wont lose that my customers as im on first name terms with all and are all repeat business and recommended by etc.

Why change the name then?

To get more business i feel that "mma plumbing and heating" isnt great.

And well i dont what to be working for someone else all my days

you dont get customers because of a name, but you will definitely lose a load you have by changing that company name. Why do you think so many companies operate under a name that has nothing to do with their name nowadays.

Like above. Your name does not get you customers, you do!
changing it might make people suspicious.

yea i will say the same

just get a local and stuff designed with same name

If you are planning to do mostly domestic work, I think that some customers react better when the owners name is in the title.

So "Ray Stafford Plumbing and Heating" is better than "RS Plumbing and Heating", which is better than "Random word plumbing and heating".

I don't think this works the same if you are contracting, where the personal name makes you sound like a small outfit, when you might be trying to give the impression that you are bigger.

Its a matter of fact that businesses are less likely to go bust if they have the owners name in the title than comparable sized businesses that dont - because business owners will fight a bit harder to keep afloat, rather than let a business sink with their name on it.

If you do rebrand you could always write a letter explaining it to all previous customers. That way they know who you now are, can recommend people to the right place and it may even prompt them to get you in for a job they have been putting off.

YES I AGREE

going to maybe change from 'mma plumbing and heating'
to mark's plumbing or something
more personal

any ideas

skid marks- all my customers know i don't wear underpants!!!! lol

If you keep the same contact number and email then the customers will still come back to you, if they query why you changed names just tell them it's part of the bigger expansion plan and the new name suits what's coming next

Thinking of changing my business name

have been running my business on a self employed business for a few years ontop of full time employment due to building it up

have been trading under 'mma plumbing and heating' but its not great on a business cards

would like to maybe change to something else 'bespoke heatng solutions' is a possibility

any views??

Bespoke renewable solutions

van looks good.

tho Im not a "van" of a van logos.

do you get much from it.

I changed from plumbing maintenance to plumbing and heating, easier as I became gas safe!! however I use Constant contact to update customers about what's going on, ask for reviews and run competitions.

Some customers love it, some hate it!!

email marketing has made me a few quid, only costs a couple hours a month and £12 per month subscription!!

As for name change Mark plumbing would be better then MMA plumbing!! too close to MMR!!

i sometimes wonder whether having your first name only as the business name doesnt sound a bit too "cowboy" and if you do think to expand in the future then it doesnt really work for a "company".
Marks plumbing and heating - no,
Mark Anyname plumbing and heating - yes.

but definately just rebrand and new logo, stationary etc, keep your emails, phone numbers etc. if you have a website then changing this to the new design would also help and you could explain to existing and new customers about the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing business name rebranding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock