Discuss Changing/fixing a bunch of seized imperial and metric valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Have successfully change the first one. Threads from the previous valve were compatible with the new valve so I just swapped it out, and used the olives that were already on the pipe. Hopefully that's ok. I added lots of Fernox jointing compound to protect the threads. Seems completely watertight so far!

Now I can isolate the tanks in the loft which will be very useful when changing the others. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 1691590795995.png
    1691590795995.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Changing/fixing a bunch of seized imperial and metric valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was...
Replies
Views
G
Need a little advice please. I'm no plumber but I am mechanically competent and have built several classic cars. WE have an old traianco boiler...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back