Discuss Changing the MCS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is I'm a 1 man band and got my assessment on 20july so I'd be gutted if I went through all this to suddenly find there was an easy way out. Personally I've adopted my business too it and have incorporated a few bits. Don't get me wrong it's still ott but if it protects us from cowboys unlike gas safe I'm all for it, likeI said I've got used to it so it's not impossible it's about making your business work for you

I understand how you feel, Eaton, and I wish you luck with your assessments - if you get it you will at least have a head start and a chance to stop the big boys getting it all!!

Ive looked into it before and it was the paperwork and the many different prices being quoted thats put me off so lets hope it changes and gives smaller firms more of a chance

So guys are you happy with the industry as it is, where organisations such as The MCS are taking the focus away from the engineering side of your business and making you become part of the british governments obsession with beurocracy or would you prefer to go back to less beurocracy and more focus on what you have trained to do???

I have just looked at mickw's blog and since I posted on there, there has only been 5 other posters, my upmost thanks to those guys who made the effort, on my original post I have recieved thirteen thanks, so I can only assume that you are in support of the campaign if so I would rather you posted on the blog than gave me your thanks.

The whole point of the campaign is to save your industry and if you guys do not participate you will eventualy loose the right to complain about the state of the industry in the future because you sat back and didnt participate when you had the chance, your chance is now to make a difference please do not let this golden oppertunity to pass you by, so lend your support and let your voices of dissatisfacation be heard.

It is my honest belief that the MCS qms is a current experiment to supposedly improve the industry and as I have said before, you will all pig and moan when the likes of Gas Safe Oftec and Heatas take up this QMS idea.

I remeber when it became mandatory to be corgi registerd, there was no real internet then and all the old guys in the industry bitched and moaned about having to do more trainning and spend money becoming registerd those close to retirement didnt bother and I am talking about really experianced heating guys who would be retiring in the next 10 to 15 years being forced to stop installing boilers and just do cylinder changes and fit bathroom suites and I am talking about the sort of guys who have forgotten more than I have ever learned, overnight because of beurocracy they went from experianced heating engineers to little more than bathroom fitters how humiliating was that and you had guys half their age poorly trained having done 2 week courses trying tell them their jobs

Just had a thought, maybe the MODS can do a poll or tell me how I can set one up to really gauge if there is support for the MCS or not because I feel there is not much real support from it from the installers its aimed at only support from the big industry movers

Last edited:
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be. Winston Churchill June 4 1940.

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be. Winston Churchill June 4 1940.

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition, Frank Loesser

Cheers Eco

I won't do any more Winston Churchill Quotes I will just say I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

i with you ecowarm, im with you mate

not sure what your point is but ill follow

tbh, if this keeps out the cowboys and improves the skills of the installers and know how of the business case then it is for the better

Can we link this post and the others that have 'discussed' the issue with the blog?

Can we link this post and the others that have 'discussed' the issue with the blog?
That's a really good idea, Simon, but I don't think I can, because you can only read a very limited amount of posts unless you are a member and logged in!

Thanks for your comment, by the way, it was excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing the MCS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back