Discuss Changing to Fully Pumped . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello everyone ,
I could do with some advice please . I have been to see a gentleman who has an oil boiler heating a 4 bedroomed detached house , He has a gravity primary circuit thru 1" or 28mm pipes to his cylinder and pumped to his rads . He wants me to quote for fitting a condensing boiler . I will obviously have to change it to a fully pumped system , but i am wondering if it would make it more efficient to change the cylinder circuit to 22mm pipework or leave it at 28mm ? Your thoughts please .

Hello everyone ,
I could do with some advice please . I have been to see a gentleman who has an oil boiler heating a 4 bedroomed detached house , He has a gravity primary circuit thru 1" or 28mm pipes to his cylinder and pumped to his rads . He wants me to quote for fitting a condensing boiler . I will obviously have to change it to a fully pumped system , but i am wondering if it would make it more efficient to change the cylinder circuit to 22mm pipework or leave it at 28mm ? Your thoughts please .
i would rerun the primaries as they are usually full of crap and rubbish anyway

As steve says,replace if possible also after flushing fit magi clean or fernox equivilant,have just finished doing the same thing this week,old ideal 1960 floor standing,for new He boiler,replaced pipework, also managed to get him to relace cylinder for new ,lagged and better recovery time,when I drained system, the water was quite clean but when removed gravity flow and return inner pipework caked in sludge
Just off now to do the last making good

Thank you Steve and Puddle thats just what I needed to know , good point about a filter too , cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing to Fully Pumped . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock