Search the forum,

Discuss Changing to unvented system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a client who wants to change from a vented to an unvented system. However it is a large house with multiple outlets as I will explain.

The main house has 3 bathrooms, one has a gravity shower, one has a gravity pumped shower and the 3rd just a bath. In a seperate part of the house there is another bathroom, it has an electric shower and a bath fed from a seperate direct vented system with its own CWST. There is also a self contained apartement with a combi boiler and another bathroom fed from that. In addition there is the kitchen and a utility room.

The main water supply is a 20mm MDPE pipe and it is distributed around the house by 15mm pipes, all cold water taps are fed from the main. The local water authority has tested the supply and say there is 4 bar pressure and delivers 27 liters per min, however this seems very high.

If the system is change to an unvented system then the cold water will supply:
The unvented cylinder
4 Basins
2 Showers
1 Bath
1 Electric shower
The CWST of the seperate bathroom which will stay the same
The combi boiler in the apartment
The Kitchen
The Utility room

A mainsboost accumulator of any size could easily be fitted, the cold supply pipework to a new unvented cylinder can easily be made in 22mm and the initial hot water distribution is already in 22mm. The supply pipework for the cold water supplies would stay in 15mm as it would be too difficult to upgrade.

I don't think an unvented would work without a mainsboost, would it work okay with a mainsboost fitted?

Depends what pressure your getting out of your cold mains yes they have stated 4 bar and 27 lpm but have you tested this also what is the dynamic pressure and flow ?

If you have will be fine just stick an 200-300 l accumulator on as well you will be golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing to unvented system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock