Discuss Charlie Mullins on BBC Daily Politics show today: 4th September 2012. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petercj

Apparently the House of Commons has a leaky roof and the place is running with rats (the four legged kind) – this was discussed on the BBC’s Daily Politics program today, who had Charlie Mullins on to ask him how much it would cost to fix the roof!

Probably a difficult questions for a roofer to answer without taking a look, let alone a plumber.

Mr Mullins said he didn’t have a clue, but suggested turning the House of Commons into a museum and re-housing the Westminster high and mighty in a modern building elsewhere!

Which didn’t go down too well with the two MPs on the program.

If you’re thinking of diversifying and happen to be in the Westminster area doing a leaflet round, might pay to shove a flyer offering a free estimate for a new roof through the door of the HoCo!

Probably a good idea to ask for some cash up front if you get the job!

I wonder how much Charlie Mullins was told before accepting the invite to appear on the show. They were talking about buckets of water standing around the place, but then it turns out that it's the roof leaking not the pipework.

The program presenter asked him how much he thought it might cost to fix the roof, and he said he hadn't a clue! lol which is hardly surprising.

The BBC have researchers supporting these programs, seems they're not too clued up on what it is plumbers do.

I think his suggestion for bringing the system up to date makes a lot of sense - other than some of the people who take part in it, I doubt many folk are impressed by the yaa-boo politics that goes on there. If kids behaved like it in school they'd soon be suspended, and yet the people running the country think it's grown up behaviour.

Maybe they could get the MPs to help pay for it out of their expences !!

I think the idea behind giving it some publicity on the BBC was to communicate the message that MPs are soldiering on regardless of the drips, and don't want to spend public money on repairs.

Ironically, most of the electorate feel that they are struggling on despite the drips in Westminster too.

Maybe the abseiling lesbians damaged the roof in the protest of 1988?

can you see the mp's mucking in together on a sunday morning (like we all do at the local club to save money because the funds are low) and getting it fixed between them in a day.!!

leaking lead roof, not exactly brain surgery is it.lol/....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Charlie Mullins on BBC Daily Politics show today: 4th September 2012. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock