Discuss Checking advice given re burst galvanised pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I too did a quick google and I know its different regs in different states but one of the water companies says if galvanised outdoor or indoor if leaks and corroded replace with copper of plastic

It must be an awfully old plumbing system to have galvanized pipe still operational.
Trying to repair the existing line, with cutting threads into it, to replace a section is a monumental task.
( I have some pipe threading tools - somewhere )

It would be worth getting the mains replaced, but as for the hot water service replacement, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

You could either use copper or poly pipe, it will end up costing roughly the same.

As for Regs, I don't think there are any regulations about not using galvanized pipe - but no one would.

Your hot water service, is it mains fed or a gravity system?
That may be the reason he wanted to upgrade the hot water service

Reply to Checking advice given re burst galvanised pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock