Search the forum,

Discuss Choice of thermostat advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Here is the long story. I inherited a system with a F&E tank, which was noisy. We converted the system to a sealed one. But it was not properly cleaned. In the mean time the HWC failed as well. My trusted heating engineer (not involved in any of this previously) cleaned the system chemically and flushed (both chemically and with a pump) the boiler heat exchanger as was very sludged due to previous owner neglect and following sealing of the system. We discovered that the boiler was overheating and was not going over 68C (locking out). The location of the magna clean filter was initially wrong and that was rectified. Currently the system is clean, the boiler finally dropped gas consumption, the plug you suggested had a further positive impact. It is nice and warm at home now. The system is properly balanced with temp clamps. The boiler is properly condensing. In fact the radiators are not hot to touch. Which is different to how they used to be, and still it is much warmer and nicer temperature wise at home.

I wanted to bring this one to conclusion. My cycling issue is completely eradicated. What solved it was: 1) plug key, kindly suggested by gmartline (thank you!) and 2) replacement of the wireless thermostat and receiver with a new (digital) one. I chose
Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024). The replacement was super easy and took less than 5 min.
I will make a new post asking for advise on how to decommission the wired programmer.

Reply to Choice of thermostat advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock