Discuss Cis 20% deduction from materials cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber101

Hello all

Will be using sub contractors for first time soon and have read the CIS website info as much as time allows.

Do i need to deduct 20% from the material costs that sub contractors invoice me for as well as 20% from labour?

Any tips and advice appreciated

Thanks

Depends if they list it separately

if you get a bill for £300 then you'd stop 20% on £300

if you get a bill that says materials £100 labor £200 then you stop 20% on £200

some me people I do stuff for have me do all the working out for them so the invoice states less 20% =£'s X

your subbys need to charge you extra ontop of the materials for the service of supplying materials. 30-40% should do.

or you could get the materials orderd and on site to save any issue/ arguments.

same for petrol expenses, you have to charge cis, so your subbys will have to charge you more than the cost of the petrol to cover there losses.

Last edited:
you need to register your employing subbies with hmrc before you start taking their money

your subbys need to charge you extra ontop of the materials for the service of supplying materials. 30-40% should do.

or you could get the materials orderd and on site to save any issue/ arguments.

same for petrol expenses, you have to charge cis, so your subbys will have to charge you more than the cost of the petrol to cover there losses.

They don't have any losses, the CIS dedcution is offset against any NI or IC that they owe HMRC at the end of the year - You've just offered them a way to get paid twice for the same thing :)

If they submit their invoices correctly, there is no CIS deduction on materials

Last edited:
you do it either way, person who holds the receipt has paid in and uses it in there accounts to claim back.

you have to pay it on petrol, its in the cis tax handbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cis 20% deduction from materials cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is...
Replies
Views
S
We had an incident of estate water pipe burst and united utility had to fix the issue for the whole estate and this time we didnt have much water...
Replies
Views
Hello - I really need some solid advice. I recently purchased a home that has started having an awful smell coming from kitchen sink. I've cleaned...
Replies
Views
This is probably just to vent but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing customers accepting quotes, having the work done and then refusing to...
Replies
Views
Back