Discuss Clay to plastic toilet waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

How easy is it to fit a clay to plastic toilet waste?

Never seen one let alone done one!!

Will the old one come off ok?

Pics posted next week when I measure up.

Gave a good weekend all.

Rocket.

Hello Rocket [hope you have adjusted price`s lol] half way through a good weekend will wait for pictures to see if I can advise regards turnpin:17:

Thx turnpin. I think I've priced ok (fingers crossed), told customer it an estimate and price may vary depending on whether i
I encounter any issues.

A question I wanted to ask is whether you think the pan connector at present could be reused? If I can get the connector off the toilet pan without disturbing the bottom connection could I then, if connection heights are the same, just slip it on new toilet?

Cheers

Not good practice to reuse pan connectors.
The height shouldn't be an issue its the spigot on the w/c outlet. They are nearly always mis shapen and the rubber seal on the connector is trained to the shape and often leaks when applied to a new w/c.

Yes, thought as much. I think my biggest worry is the clay pipe!

I maybe be able to cut the top pan connector off and put a 90 bend on the original vertical pipe thus again not touching the clay pipe or its connection. I'll know more when I look again.

thanks all

Is it a downstairs bog on a solid floor with a 90 degree connector going into the floor?

Are you replacing the bog? If so saw through the connector before ripping the bog out. If you don't then you risk damaging the clay connection.

With the bog out the way you can ease what's left of the connector out:)

Cheers, great advice, I'll do exact that.

Thanks so much.

After the first one there'll be no stopping me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Clay to plastic toilet waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock