Discuss Cold feed to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

Hey I am currently studying for my level 3 at college and learning about unvented hot water systems. I have a question about the cold feed to these cylinders if anyone can help. I know it need a composition valve on it which contains an in-line strainer and pressure reducing valve. And a pressure releive. How do you position this valve if the cold feed enters the room at the base of the cylinder as it need to be higher than the waste and have enough room to get an expansion vessel on after the valve.

I am not sure what your getting at but can't you just move the cold feed.

run the cold feed up the side of the cylinder, best you have a look round your practical bays pronto!

You just take the pipe up and back down as to get a fall from your expansion relief above the tundish and to have enough room to get a minimum of 300mm from your tundish of straight pipe

If the cold were to enter under the floor to the cylinder cupboard. So near the cold feed to the cylinder and how would you get all the require valves on? Would you have to run the cold feed up then back down to the cylinder feed so can get valves on and hight to get pressure relieve in to the tundish then waste?

difficult to answer because we're imagining what your trying to explain, there is normally a way by manipulating the cold feed.

practice pulling bends, it doesnt matter where the feeds come fm or goes to, you just adapt and fit, more practical time needed!

You just ensure that before you fit you combination valve onto your main, you are high enough to run the discharge pipe work.

Its a main feed so you can put it where you want in the airing cupboard. The hard part is making it look neat.

Ok so it would have to good up and back down. I just wonderd if there was away around this as could see it not looking to neat. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold feed to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock