Search the forum,

Discuss Cold Radiator in Bedroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has gas central heating supplied via a Boilermate 2000. In recent months she has found that a radiator in one bedroom does not heat up.
The system is about 14 years old and has 8 or maybe 10mm pipe work and there is a TRV on one side of the rad.
Would someone kindly spell out what steps I should take to try and rectify the problem myself before calling a plumber.

Have you tried airing the rad ?

Could be a few things like trv pin stuck, lockshield valve closed etc

If it's already bled, you should first check the valves are both open, lockshield and TRV.
Next try turning off all other rads except the one in question. Run it for a bit, if it heats up follow the instructions on the balancing thread on this forum.
If that doesn't work, you may have a blockage or a bad airlock, that's probably the time to call a plumber.
If this is a gravity system and this rad is piped near to where the f/e joins the system, it's likely to be a blockage if the above steps don't work.

Trv head off. Wiggle pin and bray valve.

DO NOT PULL THE PIN OUT.

Feel the pipes coming to the radiator, if one gets hot (flow) but then stops at the valve, then valve blocked/knackered. Do this in conjunction with what is said above. If no heat then possible air lock in system.

take the trv head off the valve. the pin should push in and come back out on its own. if its not moving and seems stuck just keep tapping it with a small hammer and if your lucky it will spring out and be ok. doesnt work 100% of the time if valve is really stuck then your only option is to get it replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold Radiator in Bedroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock