Discuss combi 90 , worst boiler ever? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
had 3 breaking down on me this week! same thing on 2 but one was a right off , hex washers leaking onto ch pump and finishing it!! leaked so much that I couldn't get the pump head off it was so rusted!, pump isolators started leaking , ended up changing the pump , pump unions , all 4 hex washers , the filling loop going into the boiler chamber , a melted prv valve , and a melted aav ! im bloody scared to take the cover off the next one incase all the water gushes out of all the leaks like a tsunami and drowns me , along with the whole village ...... !!! never seen anything leak so much!

Excuse my ignorance, but what make is the "Combi 90" ?
Is it a Grant?
I hate all oil combis and don't work on any of them unless the customer is very nice to me, or the boiler is in good condition. I hate Warmflow Combis particularly.
You could spend longer servicing/repairing one than it would have taken to install it.

Last edited:
That's because you didn't service it properly the previous year! :smile:

I must admit the baffles on the Grant Vortex are tight and no tolerence to factory build variations or the shell metal warping a little. You need keep the shell really clean and also need to carry a grinder to shave any tight parts of those baffles.
I love the Vortex if I regularly service them

Excuse my ignorance, but what make is the "Combi 90" ?
Is it a Grant?
I hate all oil combis and don't work on any of them unless the customer is very nice to me, or the boiler is in good condition. I hate Warmflow Combis particularly.
You could spend longer servicing/repairing one than it would have taken to install it.

Warmflows are always at least a half shift and always need baffles

I shall correct you on that.

The Grant Vortex. Only boiler I've needed to use a club hammer and crowbar on to remove the baffles.

I don't particularly like grants either but i'll take the cash

That's because you didn't service it properly the previous year! :smile:

I must admit the baffles on the Grant Vortex are tight and no tolerence to factory build variations or the shell metal warping a little. You need keep the shell really clean and also need to carry a grinder to shave any tight parts of those baffles.
I love the Vortex if I regularly service them

First time I've serviced the thing.

Next year if I do it I'll make sure I've got scalebreaker with me.l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi 90 , worst boiler ever? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock