Discuss Combi boiler - bang when hot water opened in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All! I hope you can give me some advise.
I had combi boiler (Viessman vitodens 100-w 30kW) installed about half year ago. Recently I start hearing one single bang when hot water is opened at any of taps around house. It sound like someone in other room will knock a radiator (not relly loud but you can hear it). After investigating a bit I found it's probably coming from heating circut flow as also when that happens I can see brief jump of pressure on a pressure gauge.
So it only happens when any tap is opened regardless heating is on or off. After closing hot water tap and opening again straight after it's not doing it - only after leave it for some time.
Or maybe it is totally normal with those boilers (as I had previously backboiler with open vented system)?
When I called my plumber (which was installing this boiler) he said (without seeing it) that he never had this kind of problem and start coming with all different possible ways to solve it, but I'm not really keen on spending my money to trial each option.

Is there a shock arrestor fitted looks like a 3” silver ball on the cold under the boiler on the pipework

As Shaun has said a shock arrestor should be installed I put a double check valve before it seems to sort out the issue. Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20211104_144531521_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211104_144531521_HDR.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 32
Eph combi pack 4 wireless receiver bud this one was wired for open therm , as I said fit a double check valve inline and then the shock arrestor that should cure it . 😉👍

Unfortunately shock arrestor didn't resolved it. Double check valve and then shock arrestor close to boiler. Have checked charge on shock arrestor and it's around 3.5 bar.
Nothing changed. Any other ideas?
I'm not sure if that is relevant, but this boiler is in the loft. Also I'm leaving next to water tower and guess I have pretty high mains pressure (but never measured it). Maybe should put some pressure reducing valve?

Reply to Combi boiler - bang when hot water opened in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock