Discuss Combi boiler flame loss during current windy weather in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an ideal logic plus combi boiler that has been working fine for all of winter. With the recent storms when the wind speed starts getting up the boiler keeps cutting out with a "Flame loss" error. It'll reignite first time no problem and then continue until a large wind gust then it'll cut out again.

If I watch the flue outside whilst this is happening in cold weather so you can see the gasses I notice the following:

Normal: Flue gasses expelled away from flue and upwards
Second or two before flame loss error: Flue glasses are blown back and down towards the bottom part of the flue

Here's a picture of the flue I've got an what seems to be happening in windy weather (excuse the bad drawing!)

1645394774216.png

I'm not an expert but it looks like it's getting the flue gasses sucked back into the air inlet? Would this cause the boiler to cut out? If I get an engineer out is there some part he can fit over the flue to fix the problem (assuming it is the problem) or will he just say it's bad positioning of the flue and tough?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to Combi boiler flame loss during current windy weather in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi. I have a Chaffoteaux HE 30 which keeps locking out with errors of (mostly) no flame (E04) or (occasionally) flame lift (E18). During the...
Replies
Views
The boiler has just been serviced and lots of new parts fitted, On firing up all works fine for approx 15 seconds then the flame cuts out but the...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
Back