Currently reading:
Combimate help please

Discuss Combimate help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whitedog1

Hi there, I am replacing an elderly oil fired combi boiler and the plumber has said that I need a Combimate to protect the hot water plate heat exchanger to go with it but they are about £180!
Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative please. I see Fernox do a lime scale reducer for about £40.
Can anyone helpplease?

A Combi mate contains silfoss balls which help neutralize the calcium in the the mains cold water when this water is heated it stops limescale sticking to surfaces of metal parts and glass so helps protect your combi boiler, the fernox one is electrolytic and as you say is a limescale reducer which works by changing the molecular structure of the hard water you still get limescale but it should not stick so much each has its uses choice is yours but go with one of them

Surely the cost of £180 on an oil combi swap isn't going to make a massive difference ?

A call out and either a clean or replace plate hex will cost that anyway in a few years time...

:hand::hand::nono::nono::nono::nono: hand.gif
ask if he can do the job for £100 cheaper cash. sorted!

Tut tut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combimate help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back