Discuss Communal / District Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSS

Hi Guys
Im after some expertise from plumbers who work on new housing blocks fed from a communal boiler

The issues I am coming across relates to air locks that stops flow through unvented hot water cylinders and underfloor heating

Need to discuss design issues within the property and possible solutions

Regards

Keith

sounds like its pulling air in for somewhere or no inhibitor

Pulling air or ye have a slight leak. That or maybe pressurisation unit in main boilerhouse set up wrong/or seized.

Doesn't sound like a DIY fix there. I think you'll be getting a decent plumber in GSS to have a look

The district heating is pushing a lot of air / dirt around the system

Id like to talk to someone who has experience with design layout within the flats as it seem that most flats are working off the immersion backup and not communal heating.

the layout is

Flow enters flat with iso valve, then PRV to 3 bar

It then goes via
2 port zone to unvented cylinder
2 port zone to towel rails
Underfloor heating pump

Although supply is good, 80 deg its not circulating through the cylinder, towel rails and in some flat the UFH is not circulating

the only AAV is on the UFH manifold

Want some help to identify where the air lock would most likely be and where to place additional AAV to resolve

Thanks

Well I think at this stage your gonna have to cough up and have someone to come out and view the site. This is a bit bigger than a drippy tap advice question
Can't really discuss a specific job such as this without actually seeing it if you're going to carry out any alterations etc.
Best of luck GSS

Im new to district heating

But it seems to me that the return pressure is equal or less than the flow, hence no flow around system

On the incoming flow and returns are two PRV that can be set between 1.5 and 5 bar

Should the flow PRV be set hight than return or lower

The boiler house feeds three blocks, maybe 300 flats in total

I have tried going back to the installers but they have washed hands as over three years old

Also noticed that no bypass on the down stream of PRV, that means that if both 2 port valves are shut and heating off then its a dead end. is that right!!!

I dont know hence after someone with experience of this type of installation who can offer some technical solutions

I suspect that someone will have a design spec for similay set up?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Communal / District Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock