Search the forum,

Discuss Complete do-over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

notsorandomtext

I would like to buy a 3 bedroom semi-detached house in East Midlands area. Everything has been removed from it. There is no central heating system, not a single pipe in the house, besides water and gas supply in the kitchen. The meters are in the hallway next to the entrance. I am wondering how much could it cost to install:
  • complete central heating system (combi boiler, rads in all 3 bedrooms, dining room and living room),
  • all the water and waste pipework in kitchen & bathroom (I'd like a non electric shower over the bath),
  • gas pipe for the cooker,
basically everything.

I understand you can't give me a quote over the internet, but I am just looking for a guesstimate at this time. 5k? 10k? 50k? What price range should I expect in your opinion?

5 to 7 k.
more if you want the bathrooms done too.

From a blank slate i would look at an unvented cylinder and system boiler.

have your mains pressure and dynamic flowrate checked.

also if its say only a 1/2 pipe get it upgraded now.

Whats your spec? Cheap as cheaps or quality gear? 10 to 15k central heating, bathroom and kitchen.

Moved out of the 'Looking' forum.

How long is a piece of string?

Your best bet is to get 3-5 quotes in with them supplying everything (this is for warranty ourposes and gives you added peace of mind further on down the line, I wouldn't be held responsible for a boiler not working that I didn't supply for example).

once you've got your quotes including what hardware you've agreed other than pipe and fittings come back and ask then.

OP, hard to even guesstimate.

3-bed house but how big?
How well insulated?
What are the walls made of?
Concrete floors or suspended?
Double-glazed or not?
How many bathrooms?
Size and condition of incoming mains?
Proposed bathroom and kitchen layout, and position of existing waste/soil?

So many variables. Get a local Gas Safe registered plumber in by posting here:

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

3-bed house but how big?
Rather small, not sure what the exact area is at the moment.
How well insulated?
Not well, no insulation outside, brick wall, not sure if the lots is insulated either
What are the walls made of?
Not sure what you mean here
Concrete floors or suspended?
ground floor is concrete
Double-glazed or not?
Yes, everything is double glazed
How many bathrooms?
One, quite small as well
Size and condition of incoming mains?
I am just guessing here, but the water is probably about 5cm in diameter, the gas was quite small, maybe 1-2cm. To me both look... not well.
Proposed bathroom and kitchen layout, and position of existing waste/soil?
Ill try to draw something later

Thanks for all the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Complete do-over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock