Search the forum,

Discuss Complete novice: Baxi Bermuda/Grundfos/No heating after draining down system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger44

Hi all,

I've just replaced my grundfos pump with a new grundfos ups2 pump which is situated next to an old smc comet 2 controller. Before fitting the pump I had to drain the system down as the shut off valves either side of the pump weren't working correctly. I have now refilled the system and bled all the air ( I think ) out of the system by bleeding all the rads and bleeding the two tall pipes that are situated next to the immersion tank. I have also been up into the loft to check the small tank is full and it is. Now, the problem is when I turn the switch on the control panel to hot water only the boiler fires up and after about 2 minutes stops also when I turn the the switch to hot water & heating there is no power to the grundfos pump. Any help much appreciated!

Pumps not coming on so it's over temperature. Check your wiring or call a spark.

Welcome to the forum Roger.

best call a good plumber as theres probably an airlock as well, and he can sort both issues at the same time.

Open nut on pump let water run out for ages. Connect a plug to it.

He will have vented it by now sat in front of nice warm radiators, don't need us lads now. He will
come back and tell us how to do it.....it is nice to know if someone gets a free fix from here.

Hi, Many thanks for all your thoughts on this matter! I managed to get it going in the end. well sort of..... I have managed to get the pump going all it was was a sticky switch on the old smc programmer. Anyway new problem now. This system has a myson smc 2 controller in line with the grundfos pump which has 3 speed settings on it I have no idea what it is but I Imagine it acts like a zone valve but then again I could be wrong as it just looks like a second pump? I have heating but now I have no hot water and I only get hot water by having the immersion on. Thanks in advance!

Sounds a mess. Pumped ch and Pumped DHW ? You need a Y plan setting up with bbu NOT and S Plan!

Try re-visiting your "tall pipes beside immersion " for a bleed , beyond that may be sludge has moved about

potentially compromising some of few safety features it has ... hence need help for safety .

( unless I'm wrong ? )

Photos?

Have you got 2 pumps together? If so rip them out change to a y plan. But get someone who knows what they are doing otherwise you will have a few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Complete novice: Baxi Bermuda/Grundfos/No heating after draining down system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Some very helpful people on this forum (hi John.g) sorted me out with some issues with a faulty installation of a Grundfos UPS3 back...
Replies
Views
S
Ups pump issue Fairly recently, say 12 months ago, we had a new pump fitted. It's a grundfos ups3 15- 50/65 130. (We have a small expansion tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock