Discuss Concealed shower connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Looking for advice on suitable connections for a concealed shower. Shower is a dual function Laura Ashley (Roper Rhodes, I believe) - see Clifton Concealed Dual Function Shower System. Valve has 4 ports: hot and cold in, and 2 outs - all 3/4" BSP parallel. 2 shower outlets: elbow (shown in attached image) for handheld shower, straight (shown in attached image) for drench shower bar. The elbow is 1/2" BSP parallel with a chamfered inner. Straight is 1/2" BSP parallel with a flat end..

I'm planning on converting the 3/4" ports on the valve to 1/2" via bushes and then to copper via 1/2" thread -> compression coupler.

Questions
1) Should I add a washer for the bush connections or is PTFE plus Rectorseal OK?
2) Should I add a washer for the elbow/straight shower connections or is PTFE plus Rectorseal OK? Alternatively, since it's chamfered, would a simple tap connector be sufficient. Plan at the moment to use a speedfit brass wall plate with PTFE and Rectorseal

Thanks

2019-04-30 08.13.43.jpg

2019-04-30 08.13.57.jpg

2019-04-30 08.14.13.jpg

No need to convert the threads to 1/2", just use a 3/4" to 15mm compression

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/male-...lwccLj6RWerPEzu31FkaApPSEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And ptfe is fine, no need for a washer.

Reply to Concealed shower connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back