Discuss Confused . com in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunquest

Hello to all,

I am hoping someone can solve a little mystery for me, recently moved into this house, just started digging up part of the lawn to create some raised growing boxes, but when I scraped the lawn back I found a concrete structure just below the surface, approx. 8 feet long, shaped like a figure eight, approx 10 inches deep, with a solid base, could it be an old disused garden pond? seems pretty sturdy for that to me, house built 1930's at bottom of moor land, could it be a waste water chamber? any idea's more than welcome, many thanks, Peter,

Hello to all,

I am hoping someone can solve a little mystery for me, recently moved into this house, just started digging up part of the lawn to create some raised growing boxes, but when I scraped the lawn back I found a concrete structure just below the surface, approx. 8 feet long, shaped like a figure eight, approx 10 inches deep, with a solid base, could it be an old disused garden pond? seems pretty sturdy for that to me, house built 1930's at bottom of moor land, could it be a waste water chamber? any idea's more than welcome, many thanks, Peter,

Hi peter and welcome, it might have been a real BIG clothes line , pics needed

Hello to all,I am hoping someone can solve a little mystery for me, recently moved into this house, just started digging up part of the lawn to create some raised growing boxes, but when I scraped the lawn back I found a concrete structure just below the surface, approx. 8 feet long, shaped like a figure eight, approx 10 inches deep, with a solid base, could it be an old disused garden pond? seems pretty sturdy for that to me, house built 1930's at bottom of moor land, could it be a waste water chamber? any idea's more than welcome, many thanks, Peter,[ Pic attached I hope)

Attachments

• Garden Structure.jpg
    Garden Structure.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 66
Tony Robinson would be creaming himself with excitement at the sight of that! I'd say it's an old pond. But keep digging!

If theres another 8 of them close by it could be a crazy golf course :)

Looks like a pond.

So many ponds get filled in , for leak / safety reasons , Does area feature on Google earth ? (Good for finding cars in back gardens !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confused . com in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I wondered if anyone could help. We are in the long process of renovating an old former commercial building which is listed. We have a...
Replies
Views
M
Hi. I would like to have an outside tap by my greenhouse a the bottom of the garden, around 30 meters from the current outside tap. I have...
Replies
Views
magicdrshoon
M
B
Hi All, This is a bit of a convoluted issue so please bear with me as I am not a trade professional & apologies for the length. If this in the...
Replies
Views
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I'm newly WIAPS registered and got a copy of the United Utiltiies requirments. First time I'm doing this though, so looking for...
Replies
Views
Marco
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock