Search the forum,

Discuss Confusion with radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Probably being really stupid here but can not get this radiator to turn off. It appears that both valves at either end - turned clockwise eventually close. Do both need to be turned fully to shut the darn thing off? Any help would be much appreciated! :)

20180204_142714.jpg

Yes both need to be screwed shut

Are you trying to remove the rad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confusion with radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The User Guide etc states an available temperature range of 25-80c. Various instructions found online instruct to turn it fully clockwise to display maximum 80c, then back it off and stop at desired flow rate, ie 55c. However, turning the dial fully clockwise (hottest) displays maximum 30c, and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem . I removed a radiator on the upper floor of my house to clean and paint the wall behind it, when removing it I shut down the lockshield and packed the...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock