Discuss connecting to soil pipe in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes it would if you could get to clean pipe either end eg no sockets

Best to tap into the main underground drainage and install a man hole as well

Builder would be best for this (the underground pipework)
Hello again Shaun , I have fitted a underground junction & running pipe to the left for w.c.
I'm unsure which connections to use, first the one coming up from ground at that position also the one that goes through the wall , or can I justify use the 87.5 socket bends that I've been using .

How high should I centre the core drill bit inside the house,does it depend on which toilet you buy
or can you create problems if it's too high or low , I saw the diagram of a toilet it's centre was 180 mm ,
does that sound right

185mm is a stnd for a toilet so 170 from finished floor level I normally do

Drill that hole bigger so you have some play. Then when the toilet is in position and connected up with no leaks you can fill in around the pipe with mortar.

Do I need diamond core ,& clutch drill to get through the walls for the pipe , i have breeze block & thought they would be easier to get through,

On the outside as well ?

Yes for a diamond core and ideally an sds drill if it’s breeze

Hello again Shaun , I have fitted a underground junction & running pipe to the left for w.c.
I'm unsure which connections to use, first the one coming up from ground at that position also the one that goes through the wall , or can I justify use the 87.5 socket bends that I've been using .
here is an update of job finished , i ran a new drainage pipe to existing soil pipe ,job done . works well with no problems ,

Attachments

• IMG_20240319_114937.jpg
    IMG_20240319_114937.jpg
    857.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240319_115001.jpg
    IMG_20240319_115001.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 16

Reply to connecting to soil pipe in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock