Discuss connecting up a combi someone else started in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
how do I price this up? flue comes out stone wall , right to the side of front door, around same level as top of lintel , so I need to fit a plume kit, never done one before , its a 42cdi , gas pipe is outside of property , need to run that for about 4m to the boiler . about 15 rads all piped up , nearly the worst piece of plumbing ive seen!! all skirting and everything finished, some pipes chased in behind them , heating is empty and untested!!!!!!! need to fit a condensate waste lime thing outside as plumber forgot to fit one, all area is slabbed up already! fit 2 new filters on incoming main, boiler all piped up except for gas & condensate, he wants a price for doing the gas , flue and condensate and commissioning & certificate, he understands I cant price on flushing & testing rads ect, ! how much??? I charge £20ph, these are the common rates down here for gas lads, so no comments with people saying 2k min ect! I really want this job as its for quite a decent building company , and his plumber has really pi**ed him off this time, so could be a lot more work for me! haha

gas your looking at 2-3 hours + test
flue depends as you have to to take the old one out about 1.5-2 hours
condensate could be anywhere from 3 hours to a day depending on whats the ground like
commissioning & certificate i allow half a day

I think shauns estimates are sound.
Id Price it in on that basis as these are a pain

As per shaun above would be realistic time to not leave yourself short. Not possible to just fit a condi pump instead?
What about the plumbing? If that bad could give you a big headache. Prob better pressure testing first.

If it was me i'd be straight and tell him that as someone else has installed it you don't know what's been done and what hasn't and it will all need testing and checking,

Tell him you think it will take between X any Y in time and you charge 20ph but it'll all be working and correct once finished

Can you get the builder to dig the soakaway?
Might need extra expansion for that many rads.
Flue terminal guard?
Lime scale fighter and shock arrest or needed?

For a 42Cdi, I doubt there will be any need for an extra EV.
I will price job for minimum of £200 (and inform him that once appliance is commissioned any faults that present themselves would have to be rectified at an extra cost), only because you say there is a possibility of future work.
Personally, to attend and continue with a job started by someone else I charge £200 just to have a look at what they have done. Any defects are rectified at extra costs.

I have never fitted a plume kit before, any idea how much they are? I need this, terminal guard, condensate trap thing & limestones, filling loop (such a good plumber he was he forgot to stick one in!!! lucky I spotted that fault!! as I don't normally have to look for it!!! I was hoping I could do the gas work , commission & get all materials and bill him £500ish then 20ph for any leaks - defects that the other plumber has left!

forgot to say , its a stone house, he has done the hole for the flue but has not fitted it yet! he has stuck the flue 90 on top of the boiler, and I think there is a 1m extension piece in the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to connecting up a combi someone else started in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock