Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Convert Mixer tap to Shower? in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. totalamateur

totalamateur New Member

Need some advice. I have a mixer tap in the bath basin(see attached photo). I believe there are some ways of attaching a shower hose directly into the outlet thereby converting it into a shower. Firstly, is this possible on this tap and can anyone recommend me the best way for doing it- any good/ cheap connectors that will allow the conversion. I have seen this one however it seems rather dear-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/attach-Shower-mixers-kitchen-Measures/dp/B00JWMGK4W

Thanks.

IMG_9195.jpeg

IMG_9483.jpeg

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

£22.99p rather dear???? I`m out!

3. totalamateur

totalamateur New Member

Haha fair enough- let me rephrase- is this the most reliable attachment one can buy and is it likely to be compatible? Cheers.

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You used to buy some a rubber attachment shower thing from woolworths a million years ago , bloody garbage.

A decent mixer tap with shower attachment would do , but you would be better buying a thermostatic one , far safer but will cost a lot more .

5. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

6. A. Wilcock

A. Wilcock New Member

Looks a bit pants, basically slide it in when you want a shower. Hopefully it won't loosen off over time and slide out again in the middle of a shower if you catch the hose

What about this one, I changed our taps to mixer years ago. Fiddly pain in the arse with limited space under the bath but possible. Couple of quid more but proper mixer tap. Remember to change the hose to a 2m hose. They never supply one long enough to be useful if your taller than 5ft !!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trueshoppi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V9KQ4E8DWKY2SJ5P5ZRS

Or the more expensive option but far better looking, and looks similiar like the one you have fitted

Modern Chrome Basin Mono Twin Basin Taps Bath Filler Bath Shower Mixer Tap Set | eBay

Or a waterfall mixer tap, which I hate but some think they look great for silly money

Square Waterfall Chrome Bath Shower Filler Basin Mixer Tap Modern Bathroom Set | eBay

7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have seen this line somewhere before me think:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D