Search the forum,

Discuss Converting gravity fed to pumped system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

have an old system, large water tank and small f&e tank on loft, hot water cylinder on first floor, boilder on ground floor (Ideal Mexico Super C 125, vintage 1987, works well though had new stat put in recently). Would really like to just change HWC and leave everything else in place, though plumber told me I can only put new HWC into pumped system. Now what would that entail? I rather try to find a flexible plumber who just leaves system and sticks in a new HWC, regulation or not, but if not, do want to have the minimum mess possible, happy to keep boiler, as might sell house soon let new owner sort it out to his preference. Make me a Christmas present and send your suggestions! This is extremely stressful! Cause of all this is rusty overflow into f&e tank that seems to be caused by split coil. Ball Valve fine
PS what is difference between a pumped system (if that exists) and a FULLY pumped system?

Your plumbers right, building regulations.
Thanks for reply, but that leaves the question, how complicated is it to get new HWC and pumped system? Assume I have a simple hw circuit (not two pipes), does one just stick in an additional pump in somewhere, some (minor connecting) pipes adjusted, apart from that still have two tanks and old boiler?

You have pumped heating and gravity hot water. This means whenever the boilers on you are heating your cylinder.

You need to go fully pumped. 1 pump, two 2 port valves, new programmer, cylinder thermostat and auto bypass valve. Plus you may need cold feed and open vent pipework altering.

Not a massive job, but depends on existing layout and piping.

Reply to Converting gravity fed to pumped system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock