Search the forum,

Discuss copper gas lines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smitty

Is there any regulations on using a bending machine on copper gas lines?

What you thinking/concerns smitty? A swept bend from a machine would have a lot less resistance than an elbow so preferable IMHO :)

0.3 on your pressure calculations instead of 0.5 on a fitting

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

There's a guy that checks our work after installs that works with the gas company he doesn't want us to use benders on pipework which means our lines are going to be dreadful looking using fittings for offsets and saddles

There's a guy that checks our work after installs that works with the gas company he doesn't want us to use benders on pipework which means our lines are going to be dreadful looking using fittings for offsets and saddles

The Gas regs in the North are the same as the rest of the UK unless you go over the border which then is covered by IS 813, either way talk to your Gassafe or RGI inspector for clarification, then use your benders and tell this plonker to feck off and if he has a problem let him sort it out with the inspector.

Further reading on RGI regs
http://www.bordgaisnetworks.ie/Glob...ers_builders_and_heatinstallers_Booklet_2.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I'm in northern Ireland if any different regulations here

Very little if any difference in the regulations maybe he passed a job where there was kinks in the bends causing a pin hole?

You could try having a quiet word with him, it is possible he doesn't know a good installation from a bad one.

tell him to go fk himself or you can predict where the benders being shoved i love jobsworth ******s they get right on my wick

Bends will save you money that you would spend on fittings, theres less resistance in the pipe work and there less chance of a leak pulling a bend on a quality bender than using fittings, even though you would do a TT anyway.

Guy sounds like a total jobsworth, needs to invent a problem to keep his job position sweet.

Perhaps he means bend it with a spring instead, less thinning of the walls than bender.

Perhaps he means bend it with a spring instead, less thinning of the walls than bender.

In all fairness, why should it matter what he wants, we work in one of the most regulated industry's and work to a national standard, why should a local inspector have a input on the job if it's done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to copper gas lines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I saw on a plumerparts posts comments that the gas engineer always used an inline filter on the gas line to the boiler due to debris. I’ve just had a new boiler fitted, is it a good idea to ask my installer back and pay for a filter to be installed or a waste of money as the gas isn’t that...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Is there a way of bending 22mm coated copper with a bender without stripping back the coating?
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we would like to relocate it to the laundry room or loft, so a new gas line needs to be run. I would prefer someone local in Norwich that can also do the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock