Search the forum,

Discuss cost of heating the water?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simoneve

hi there,i wonder if anyone can tell me if it costs much more to heat the water in the copper cylinder while the central heating is on to heat the radiators.The house is quite a small 3 bed semi and the copper cylinder is in one of the bedrooms so the distance from the radiator pipework to the copper cylinder is only a couple of feet.I wouldn't have thought that it costs any more to run the hot water a few feet around the cylinder.What do you think?Any thoughts will be appreciated.(By the way it's oil central heating)

Is the cylinder and pipework insulated well?

What size is it? :innocent:

yes everything is insulated properly,the pipework is 22mm and the cylinder is what i would call 'normal',sorry i don't know how many litres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cost of heating the water?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Hi, we've had our central heating system put back into the ground after all the pipework being in the attic. I don't know anything about plumbing so I paid up when the job was finished (£1000) my husband and father in law came home and were not happy with the pipework! The pipes are way above...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock