Search the forum,

Discuss Croppie's Whiskey Shelf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

:p Just takin a look at me wee collection (just as I'm spilling a drop down me throat!) and I think I might find out who's into their whiskeys and which ones.

My shelf has........
The Balvennie Doublewood 12yr old
Laphroaig 10yr old
Glenfiddich Rich Oak 14yr old
The Glenlivet French Oak Reserve 15yr old
Glenmorangie 10yr old

And those that don't count!
Jack Daniels
Drambuie

And a bottle of Poteen capable of knocking your eyes out!

No single malts on my shelf, Ive drunk them all, waiting for Xmas.

Must have tried most types of whisky and what i buy depends how i feel. They all taste different. I prefer the peatier Islay ones. I can never build up much of a collection other than minitures which the weans buy me on birthdays etc. Might just have a blow out one weekend and rse them all :D

Was away last week for a break touring the north and the Islands of Scotland and in a Co-op shop saw a bottle of Te Bheag (pronounced Chey Vek apparently) which i had never heard of.
What a wonderful whisky it is (it's a blend). Probably one of the best blends i have tasted and better than a lot of single malts. Just had the last 2 drams tonight and i'll be ordering some more over the tinternet.

If you are interested their web site is
Gaelic Whisky, malt whisky distillery on the Isle of Skye
Worth a taste;)

If you like them so much why are they all so old?...:):)regards turnpin

The only one I have left on my shelf is a 10 year old Glengoyne - excellent whisky and beautiful brewery too! Unfortunately I only have a little bit left!

Croppie - have you tried Royal Mile Whiskies?

Bit of trivia for you - Whiskey is Irish and Whisky is scottish

Thanks for the link Croppie. A few forgotten ones in there i might just have to revisit:)

Wish I could afford these lovely whiskeys ... glugging some cheap Tuffins brandy at the moment, while being deafened by the National Lottery numbers - that's a waste of money if ever there was!!

PS - I enjoyed Talisker many years ago.

Thought I'd revive this thread as I received a lovely bottle of Jura Superstition for Christmas!

Haven't had a drop of mine yet but may have a wee dram when I finish tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Croppie's Whiskey Shelf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock