Discuss Customer ordered gas oil instead of kerosene by mistake. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone come across this?

Fortunately their boiler was conventional flued and able to run on either, with a change of nozzle and pump pressure.

Lucky that.

Had a farmer over here insisted on using gas oil. Trouble is he has a new he Warmflow. Cleaned it out once. Don't answer the phone to him now because I don't know what I'm talking about. Apparently.

My understanding on using kero or gas oil is the height of the flue
above ground level.
With many oil boilers Bf can be converted to CF just by disconnecting
the snorkel tube from the BF or Concentric flue adapter but still not
possible to burn D2 just because it is open flue.

It's late and I have 1L of red inside me but i believe min height is 2M.
Please correct me if you know different.

Yes, seen diesel instead of kerosine ordered often by people wrongly or delivered wrongly by fuel company. Not a big deal if standard eff. boiler with conventional vertical flue. Usually smaller nozzle with higher pressure needed. But any of the well baffled std. eff. boilers tend to not work well with diesel, - Grant Euroflame or Multipass are examples.
HE oil boilers cannot be run on diesel, although if there was a small amount of diesel in a tank of kerosine it won't do any harm & diesel is a lubricant on the oil pump.
On the point of mixing diesel with kerosine, Agas need PURE kerosine & not from a tank on a delivery lorry that has been used for diesel, OR if the previous delivery was diesel & the hose is still full of it! Some lorry men have the hose pumped dry into the lorry so to fraud customers, as when the lorry starts filling your tank it registers the litres but is actually filling the dry hose first!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customer ordered gas oil instead of kerosene by mistake. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock