Discuss Customers and payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
This seems to be a never ending battle to me now its not even big jobs most sub 100 quid yet always get some excuse or other.
They know I'm coming know the rough price yet still get some lame excuse , forgot to get cash out , mrs has the bank card, can't find the cheque book and so on and so on .I waste hours of my eves chasing money through phone calls or emails .

Where am i going wrong or is this just how it is?

Probably just how it is. Do you pay all your bills straight away? I know I don't. Window cleaner generally calls twice before I can be bothered writing a cheque. ( yes cheque!) if he made it easier to pay, I would do it earlier.

Do you make it easy for customers to pay you. Not just cash on completion, but bank transfer, pay pal, card payments etc?

I confirm this is getting worse and becoming a PITA. I`m PAYE but get the office on my back on a weekly basis for not collecting payment on completion.

Have you got a card reader?
Have you tried asking before you start work "its going to be around £100 how will you be paying?"

Probably not what you want to hear, but I have no trouble getting paid.
Do you write out an invoice there and then?

I find this prompts them into actioning it asap.

I am finding most people are paying me immediately lately. Some people are posting a cheque, but that's okay by me.
The reasons I am getting paid I think is because most of my recent customers are decent and very often appreciate anyone doing work for them. Mostly reasonably well off, although not all.
A few rotten apples are better to get rid of

The only time I'm not within 2 seconds reach of my cards is in the gym. At which point I'm within 10 seconds reach and in any case rarely reimbursing tradespeople.

having a spate at the moment from my regulars. keep having to wait or 'come back tomorrow' for my money!
not the norm for me not to get paid on the day...

i love it when they get the cheque name etc wrong, quick squiggle and signature and into the teller it goes. Had one irriot ring me to say they were surprised when the cheque they had got wrong, !! went through ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers and payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock