Discuss CWS float valve: part1/2 compatibility in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Tonight the arm of the ballcock feeding the cold water storage cistern in my attic broke (quite puzzling: maybe due to strong wind causing some turbulence??).
Anyway, I need to replace it. I know it's faster to replace only the part inside the tank, undoing the very last compression nut.

But can I do that when passing from a "part 1" to a "part 2" valve?

Otherwise, I might choose to stick with part 1 to cut the hassle.

PS: I'm talking about an open vented pumped S-plan system, common here in UK, aka "hydronic heating system" in USA.

If you undo the large nut inside the tank the one attached to the valve. See picture below.
1590710870208.png
1590710945053.png

You can just swap them over the nut are the same size, you may need to move the float up or down on the arm to get the correct height of water in the tank. You may even have to bend the arm to get the correct height for the water leve.

Reply to CWS float valve: part1/2 compatibility in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Had a quote from a plumber to replace two toilet float valves in a flat for £282. Had 2 questions: 1. Is this the right solution? It doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a rainwater harvesting system, which provides water for the toilets. The system consists of an underground, 3,500L rainwater storage...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm not a plumber, but I'm having an issue which keeps re-occurring and the engineers coming out to us do not seem to know why. So...
Replies
Views
Have a water hammer that can't get to the bottom of and have searched everywhere. Hammer occurs when hot tap 1st runs the noise comes from the hot...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock