Discuss Cylinder return valve? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Ever since the cylinder return balancing valve has been messed with by my kids it hasn't been hot like before what can I do? (as previously I've been told to leave it fully open )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 18
Didn’t I say 3 full turns closed should do it from fully open ?

Do one more turn then

Correct see what the temp is like might need 1/2 a turn etc

What is the boiler flow temperature set to? and are you allowing it enough time to reheat the cylinder??.
If you feel the return (coil) temperature is it hot/warm or only lukewarm?.
Regarding the return valve, anything more than 1 full turn open from fully shut is quite adequate.

What is the boiler flow temperature set to? and are you allowing it enough time to reheat the cylinder??.
If you feel the return (coil) temperature is it hot/warm or only lukewarm?.
Regarding the return valve, anything more than 1 full turn open from fully shut is quite adequate.
Hi there the boiler flow is set to 75 degrees which is the max and for the return coil it is quite hot when the hot water is on. And to confirm one full turn is adequate?

You can allways open it fully, if you all ready have it 4 turns open then its almost fully open anyway. If the cylinder is taking hours to heat up then the coil may have scale if its years old.

Reply to Cylinder return valve? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back