Search the forum,

Discuss cylinder thermostat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wightcorp

Hi all... thank you for your time.

I have a hot water cylinder with a cylinder thermostat mounted about half way up. It is set for 65 degrees C. When it reaches temperature it turns the boiler off (potterton suprima 60L) but it then comes straight back on again and repeats. I can here hot water been introduced to the cylinder coils to warm it up.

The temprature on the boiler itself is set to MAX (is this correct?)

I have changed the cylinder thermostat but the problem is still occurring.

I have test the thermostat in terms of when i manually turn it to zero it turns the boiler off (doesn't ask for heat) and the boiler remains off. When i turn it to 60 degrees the boiler turns on (asks for heat)

I am unsure if this is normal or not?

Once the cylinder reaches temperature, how long should it take to reduce enough for the boiler to have to kick in?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The differential will normally be around 10~c. The ideal position is about 1/3 from the bottom of the cylinder. How well insulated is the cylinder?

The differential will normally be around 10~c. The ideal position is about 1/3 from the bottom of the cylinder. How well insulated is the cylinder?

thank you for your quick reply, i think it is well insulated. What do you mean by the differential will normally be around 10~c. is this between the temp of the boiler and the cylinder stat or the amount of degrees before the boiler should kick in?

i seems to be constantly asking for heat even thought the cylinder feels very hot

thank you

When you replaced the cylinder stat how meny wires did it have ?? should be 3 possible they are on wrong connections.

When you replaced the cylinder stat how meny wires did it have ?? should be 3 possible they are on wrong connections.

Yes three wires and and earth black brown blue i have tried swich both normaly closed and normaly opens over but no joy

Attachments

• 20161004_131638.jpg
    20161004_131638.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 26
You may be getting a feed from J/Box or motorised valve

Hi yes its fed by a junction box and there is a motorised valve next to the cylinder nt sure how it works though my plumbing skills are very limited 20161004_154022.jpg20161004_154022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cylinder thermostat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock