Search the forum,

Discuss Dads bath taps make a funny whistling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, spoke to my dad recently and he said that the bath taps make a funny noise when running a whistling noise he described it as. What would be your immediate thoughts if faced with this?. He doesn't live local so I can't go and have a look any time soon. This is just a guess on my part but I'm thinking perhaps there is a restriction causing this like a dodgy tap valve. Buy what do I know. Any suggestions?

Has he had any plumbing done recently?.....sticky washer ...regards Turnpin:thinking:

Cheers guys will speak to him tomorrow, he hasn't had any work done recently as far as I know. Will tell him to have pressure checked out and if that is ok will suggest new taps - seen better days from what I remember!

If they are old taps with fibre washers and the pressure is high new washers might cure it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dads bath taps make a funny whistling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock