Search the forum,

Discuss Damaged vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alert

What do company owners do if one of their men scratches or does minor damage to a van i.e not significant enough to claim insurance maybe £100 ... £200s of work ? would they have a this written on a contract that all minor damage repairs caused by the driver must be rectified ?

Also if you drive a company van and scratch it has your boss made you get it repaired ?

It is written in my contract that I must notify them and they can if they chose deduct it from my wages as with parking tickets. In reality it is for the guys that don`t give a toss about damaging the van or where they park.

I had to pay out when I worked on a company for a prang. Was only minor paint damage but cost me £250 (I think that was their excess)

A company that I worked for had 1st time was free 2nd time half of the cost to repair or excess on insurance after that full cost.

They did have within reason though, as van do get knocked about in car parks etc so they were quite good on that side.

I wouldnt work for a company that made me pay to repair their tools.

It's not paying to repair their tools though, it's paying to repair damage you have caused.

depends on the circumstances.. if someone damages the van while its parked then your company would have to take your word that you didnt do it.. if they dont take your word for it then you get to pay.

It should be a risk overseen by the employer... These guys aren't self employed so why expect them to pay for repairs

All of my mates who work for companies have to pay the excess if they damage the van. I think its fair enough, if they didn't have to pay they wouldn't care about the van or worry about any damage.

It should be a risk overseen by the employer... These guys aren't self employed so why expect them to pay for repairs

The company I worked for did it because people just didn't care. As soon as they did this people became more careful.

If I employ someone I would be the same.

My mate works for a company aswell and they have to go in for monthly can checks. If there's any damage they get £50 deducted off their wage

I dont have to worry about it.. I run my own van and im self employed.
really dont like the fact that in recent years the trades are all heading to 'on the books' - its just weird

unheard of when I started.. now it seems the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damaged vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock