Search the forum,

Discuss Danfoss odd noise coming deom in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hiya, any help would be great.

I have recently moved into a new house (4 days ago) and only notice an odd noise the last 2 days.

Managed to track it down and it’s coming from a the Danfoss dual units (specifically not the one by the wall). Any help with it would be great as it doesn’t sound healthy. It’s warm to the touch compared to the other unit.

What do people think could be causing this?

Attachments

• IMG_7101.MOV
    10.2 MB
The noise is coming from one of those zone valves closing which perfectly normal. It's warm because it has been open allowing hot water from your boiler to flow through it.

One valve controls hot water going to your radiators, the other to your hot water storage cylinder.

The noise is coming from one of those zone valves closing which perfectly normal. It's warm because it has been open allowing hot water from your boiler to flow through it.

One valve controls hot water going to your radiators, the other to your hot water storage cylinder.
Thanks for your reply!

Any noise in a new house makes me panic! Do you think it’s trying to heat up the radiators in the room as each floor has a thermostat (which is triggering it).

But, it just doesn’t know that my boiler is only set to hot water atm and not radiators? Which is why it’s happening so often?

I possibly made an incorrect assumption about your system if you have more than two floors or heating zones. How many of these zone valves do you have?

But no, if it's working as it should and only your hot water is on it'll be the hot water zone valve that is opening and closing. Are any radiators heating up?

Set the hot water timer on your main controller to come on for a set time in the am and pm (for now) only instead of being permanently on.

Frequency and duration when charging the hot water cylinder will ultimately depend on how often and how much hot water you use throughout the day and evening.

Last edited:

Reply to Danfoss odd noise coming deom in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock