Search the forum,

Discuss Delaying the fill on a loft cold water tank - electric and mixer showers running at once in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read.
I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical?
The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic).
Current set up is:
  • A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else.
  • One electric shower 2nd ensuite, cold mains fed - even on its own the pressure is sad, with both showers on a dribble.
  • Main bathroom, has the wire for electric but not yet been installed. (on the other side of the wall from ensuite 2)
I have an idea to put a large cold water tank in the loft to gravity feed the two electrics using something like a couple of 'Mira Elite SE Pumped Electric Shower - 9.8k'.
While in 'theory' this would supply both the electrics to run at the same time (I think..) - but if the tank starts filling up straight away that would affect the mixer shower cold feed.
To ideally run all 3 showers at once, if the loft tank is big enough, is there a way to say delay it filling up for 5 minutes. (ovs don't want the water supply to run dangerously low while the 2 electrics are running as mega dangerous)
Looking around, I've found things like:
Keraflo Aylesbury K Type Delayed Action Float Valve - to use with the water tank
Is that what I'd need? Although pretty expensive for my budget.
Sorry for the long mail.
Any advice, gratefully received, even if just to say - what you're trying to do is insane (o:
Many thanks,
L.

Have you got capacity in your electrics to run two 9.8kW showers at the same time, along with your other household needs?
Hi Ben-gee.
They're wired to separate switches on the main board, so I'm hoping so.
The whole place has had a rewire and a new main switchboard popped in due to the size upgrade.
We've had a couple of sparks in over the past 12 months and neither have mentioned a potential issue.
Thanks,

Hi Ben-gee.
They're wired to separate switches on the main board, so I'm hoping so.
The whole place has had a rewire and a new main switchboard popped in due to the size upgrade.
We've had a couple of sparks in over the past 12 months and neither have mentioned a potential issue.
Thanks,
But even, the worst case and we could only use one electric at a time. Is there a way to delay the fill on the electric feed tank, so it wouldn't affect the mixer shower?

Reply to Delaying the fill on a loft cold water tank - electric and mixer showers running at once in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock