Discuss DFE ventilation requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 7kw your talking about is to do with gaps in the house ie windows doors floorboards etc, not owt to do with the cavity of your external wall. go with instructions get insulation done then get engineer round to spilllage test. then if you need one you need one.

A 7kw gap that's a new one to me lol, Whyme think u picked her up wrong mate,

The 7Kw allowance is because, until the advent of modern construction methods, it was considered impossible to draughtproof a house to the extent that you can prevent the ingress f enough fresh air to support the complete combustion of 7Kw of gas. Proper DFE's are different in that there is absolutely no control of air passing through the flue, increasing the volume of fresh air required. So Whyme is actually correct, if you analyse what he means.

My point about the OP is that the installers (of the insulation) are refusing to complete the work without a vent.

I know mate it was a joke,, Jeepers wits happened to the banter

Thanks for all the advice, lots to think about, will get back to the cavity wall guys much better informed and see what they say but the fire is not going to be used whatever we do until I get a spillage test done. Thanks all

Hi Guys,

I am doing some online assignments in Sydney and came across this forum for spillage tests. The question that i have been asked is to briefly describe the steps to perform the spillage test.

Can someone help me out please?

Cheers Scott

Some DFE do not need the vent (when below 7kw) as per MI - when heaving oxygen depletion sensor fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DFE ventilation requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock