Discuss Diagonal Heating Zones!! in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys, they are coming to fix the diagonal heating zones tomorrow. Please could I have some more info in respect of the white pipe issue above. I attach a few more photos, it looks like 2 bits of plastic pipes stuck together one thinner than the other. Do these photos help you identify whether it is the correct type. Don't want to be fobbed off, so any technical phrases or standards that have been contravened would help. Thanks in advance
Hi Guys, they are coming to fix the diagonal heating zones tomorrow. Please could I have some more info in respect of the white pipe issue above. I attach a few more photos, it looks like 2 bits of plastic pipes stuck together one thinner than the other. Do these photos help you identify whether it is the correct type. Don't want to be fobbed off, so any technical phrases or standards that have been contravened would help. Thanks in advance.

If you lift up the carpet where it goes through you might be able to see how it’s joined below the floor eg elbow

If you see this (wrong) normally abs or pvc

View attachment 78949
This (correct ) normally polypropylene

View attachment 78950
Sadly lifting the carpet doesn't help (see photo) but I think it is going straight down, to be clear are you concerned about the material the white part directly above the carpet is made out of? The wider plastic pipe with the logo on it seems like a much better quality plastic, the thinner part with all the marks on it looks like a much cheaper pipe. Sorry if that sounds stupid.

Attachments

• IMG_20221106_170124815.jpg
    IMG_20221106_170124815.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 15
Could you get a torch and see if there’s a fitting down there ?

Also based on the original photos of the boiler and tanks, i don't know if there is anything in the loft, I am guessing not. What type of a boiler system do I have is it Combi, system...etc, I have tried following the diagrams on boiler manufacturer websites but I can't find one that looks like mine....

Heat only
Unvented cylinder and 3 heating zones

Also based on the original photos of the boiler and tanks, i don't know if there is anything in the loft, I am guessing not. What type of a boiler system do I have is it Combi, system...etc, I have tried following the diagrams on boiler manufacturer websites but I can't find one that looks like mine....
Could you get a torch and see if there’s a fitting down there ?
Used an endoscope camera...this is through the gap in the previous photo looks like another bit of board followed by a black pipe..

Attachments

• 20221106172255214.jpg
    20221106172255214.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221106172234058.jpg
    20221106172234058.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221106172219916.jpg
    20221106172219916.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 14
Correct pipe used so that’s good eg pushfit pp

Down, up and hot water cylinder

Now depending on the spec it might be down and up on one zone, master bedroom on its own and hot water

Reply to Diagonal Heating Zones!! in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Back