Discuss Diamond Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
tamz, iv spoke to the guy from the link u gave me, £140 is that worth it aye ????

They have a lifetime warranty. I have had mine for about 3 years and have severely abused it to the point where it is so hot i can't touch the body. It still does the job perfectly. 90% of the work i do is in tenements drilling through solid stone walls up to 42" thick (fireplace cupboard out).
Even if it was gubbed which is highly unlikely it would still be better than most so called core drills. If you are doing a lot of heating time is money. Use an inferior core machine and i would have the hole cored the boiler hung and flue done before you were through.
They are the best machines available for the money and better than many more expensive ones. Before i bought it i was going through a core gun every 3 - 4 months and i have tried just about every make out there. I was about to spash out £800 on a hilti when this was recommended to me by a diamond driller. It really is a good machine and has been worth every penny. If mine died tomorrow i would buy another (well maybe the DDM3).

Buying 2nd hand is always a risk but a second hand beemer is usually better than a new vauxhall. The one on your link looks in better nick and has not been abused much (it is quite clean and not many marks on).

Don't know. It is too heavy to use as a normal drill and has no hammer. It is a dedicated diamond drill.

Interesting, no hammer function?, in a way I'm glad I didn't buy one then although I was tempted. I bought the Makita in the end (hasn't arrived yet) after months of pondering which one to get. I have loads of Makita tools and so far they all been fantastic so I have no reason to buy another brand.

With a chuck I could use it for other things, like when I forget my sds drill and have to mix plaster with my cordless drill.

Still waiting for my Makita to be delivered, was looking forward to messing with that over Christmas. Doubt Parcel Farce will deliver now Christmas Eve. :icon9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I'm looking to buy a core drill bit set for professional use. I want it all in the same case as I hate having odd tools rattling around but all...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock