Discuss Different CH zones at different temps in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dgrs

Dear All,

We're doing a remodel of our mid terraced house. After much agonising to do with low water pressure and flow, we're getting a Sundial S plan plus system with a conventional boiler.

The plan is to have thermaskirt on the downstairs on one heating zone, the standard rads on first and second floor (attic) bedrooms will be the second heating zone and then DHW will have its own zone.

Firstly, I'm amazed that it seems Honeywell do not do a 3 zone controller. They do 2 channel where one is for DHW and the other for CH, or one where there are two CH zones. To get what I want I think I need a Hortsmann H37.

But there's something I'm very confused about. Thermaskirt operates at a lower temperature (similar to UFH) than rads. With the above setup how is the lower temperature of that zone maintained? Thermaskirt offer their own programmable unit, so one option is using that for the downstairs then Honeywell setup for DHW and upstairs. Seems a shame not to have it all in one box. But this doesn't get around the issue of the temperature of the water. I understand that with UFH you'd have a manifold to get the right temp, and you can have a manifold with thermaskirt, but only for more complicated installations I thought.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but any help would be gratefully received.

Dave

if the thermaskirt works on low temp your going to need a mixing valve and a pump to achieve thisunless this is part of the unit it comes with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Different CH zones at different temps in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock