Discuss dimensions of a built vanity unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I am building a tiled boxed area for a wall hung toilet and recessed basin. When working out where to fit them in the space provided do you half the space and centre this in each half and that becomes the centre of the toilet and basin (llike a vanity unit) or do you make it so the 3 spaces are all the same to left of the toilet, between toilet and basin and to the right of the toilet

Hope that makes sense

it will largely depend on the size and shape of the sanitary you are fitting. you say you are fitting a wall hung bog? if thats the case and you are buiding a box then you will need a purpose built metal frame to support the bog

Deppemding on the space avalible and waste positions I try to make the space equal so theres 3 equal spaces

Only 60 inches long the space. I think it would be better with a bigger gap in the middle with this small area

If the toilet is at one side, I would normally fit the frame 400mm from the wall to centre. Then mark out the width of the wc pan. Then centre the basin to the gap remaining.

in a small gap, if you divide it by three. The wc an basin can work out too close to each other.

If the toilet is at one side, I would normally fit the frame 400mm from the wall to centre. Then mark out the width of the wc pan. Then centre the basin to the gap remaining.

in a small gap, if you divide it by three. The wc an basin can work out too close to each other.

this was my thought exactly. When you think of a double vanity unit they are both 500 mm. So it makes sense to do it like this for the space I have. If it was bigger, I agree with the 3 equal distances.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dimensions of a built vanity unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My shower, toilet, and hotpress are all on the same wall in a small apartment bathroom. The wall is 1,860 mm in width. I bought a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Just looking for some advice with this issue I have with a wall hung toilet I am adding to my bathroom. The problem I have is that...
Replies
Views
Just finished tiling and im fitting a wall hung geberit wc with a washlet which has its own water supply. The kit for the install comes with a 90...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock