Discuss Dinner table, phones out, face lit up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does this annoy anyone else ?

You sit down in a restaurant with family, phones come out, ( mainly younger folk ), face booking, texting etc.
My response to it is, put your phone away or I'm off. Which changes the mood of the evening for the worse.

I think it's as Ill mannered and rude as you can get but it happens more and more.

Next time you pass a restaurant window, count how many couples are sat face to face, on phones.

What is is the point ?

Yes it's a real pet hate of mine. In fact mobile phones in general. I was at my sons nativity play at school this week and a phone went off twice. Some people are just ignorant.
I think people are losing the art of conversation. Everything has to start with a # these days.
Remember phone boxes and phone cards? Good times!!

Soon as we are at the table the phone goes away or like you I'm walking out!!

I think people do it because its easier to occupy yourself with a phone then talk to each other!

Don't mind the missus texting while we make love provided I have remote control for television.

Yes it's a real pet hate of mine. In fact mobile phones in general. I was at my sons nativity play at school this week and a phone went off twice. Some people are just ignorant.
I think people are losing the art of conversation. Everything has to start with a # these days.
Remember phone boxes and phone cards? Good times!!

Drives me nuts. You're trying to watch your kids in a nativity play and some half wit Lifts an ipad up in front of you to film it

Then all phones and ipads go up, all you see is light blinding your view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dinner table, phones out, face lit up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock