Search the forum,

Discuss dishwasher and washing machine common pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkspark

Hi, a conundrum for you.

Currently I have a washing machine which drains into a high level standpipe and trap, 32mm which goes about 2metres to an outside drain. Now, I want to add a dishwasher to this arrangement. Uprating the diameter of the pipework is the first obvious point. But can I get away with using another standpipe for the dishwasher, or could I use a spigot? There is no air break with a spigot plumbed direct in to pipework, like with the normal undersink arrangement.

On the one hand I don't want to overload the pipework if both appliances drain at once, but on the other hand, using spigots introduces the risk of potential siphoning. Would a non return flap valve in the spigot be adequate protection? And/ or an anti syphon device, ball bearing type? Any advice gratefully received.

Washing machine should be min 40 mm pipework as stated in part H building regs so to have the 2 into it I'd defo increase pipe size .

Best way is to run them separate. 1 1/2" waste for each. Of course you can use all those tapping's into the waste system, but they generally cause nothing but long term problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dishwasher and washing machine common pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock